Prayer Stations: Windows & Words


Once a month, we offer an environment for our middle school and high school students to just "be".

Just today, a junior high boy in Oklahoma took his own life in a busy and crowded school hallway. My heart aches for him and for the moments when he didn't or couldn't find respite.

I go into the service tonight with renewed appreciation for what we can give, if we are willing to do some things to help make space. I can't do it alone either. I'm excited to have Emily Johnson, a Christian, an art teacher, a mother, and friend helping us with ideas. And Annette Santana, another mom of six, to put the ideas in motion this afternoon.

I was inspired by the journaling techniques mentioned in the article, "Windows and Words" in the Immerse Journal. We got some old window sashes and some with glass still in them to suspend over our art samples. We hope that they realize that each one of them look through the window differently, and experience things differently, but ALL of us experience the same truths that bind us together in love.

Emily came up with some great ideas. And Annette and Emily, as I type this are putting the supplies together for everyone to experience them. We have a great team. I'm thankful for our leaders. 

Here are the stations for this month. Feel free to comment if you have questions.

Art Prayer #1:
Material: Watercolor and black permanent markers (Also need water cups, paint brushes, white card stock and a place to lay the painting so they can dry)
Focus: Thankfulness
Verse: Psalm 50:14 Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God.
Quote: "True thankfulness is not based on circumstances, but on the realization that Christ rescued us from Death." Renaut Van Der Riet

Art Prayer #2: 
Material: Markers (Also need white card stock, middle schoolers love to use sharpies if this is possible, if not, skinny markers would be great to go with the thick ones)
Focus: Worship
Verse: Psalm 35:10 With every bone in my body, I will praise him.

Art Prayer #3:
Material: Pieces of scrapbook paper and glue (Also need white card stock, markers, and a place to lay these out to dry)
Focus: Faith
Verse: Romans 4 I believe in a God who brings the dead back to life and creates new things out of nothing. I am fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.
Stations #4, #5, & #6

If you would like the PDF instructions to stations 4,5, & 6, please leave a comment with your e-mail address and I'll send them to you right away.

I'll let you know how it goes.