Small group leaders are the jam.
They have such an incredible connection with our students and faithfully carry the burdens
of their few. We've been focusing on spending more time in prayer with their groups.
I've been gathering their requests and literally carrying them in my bag everywhere I go.
They're real and raw and I don't want them to get lost in the programs that we prepare. Their
hearts are asking for relief.
Since we are a place where people can find and experience Jesus--we pray. Together with their parents and small group leaders we practice a trusting faith, that includes sharing our burdens.
Will you carry these burdens in your heart as you pray--burdens that our middle school students carry around with them--and they're heavy--will you pray over them with us? And we'll pray for your students too.
Here are a few that we carry...
- "I pray that God would help my friend be safe."
- "Girls think I'm invisible unless I'm being funny."
- "I am envious."
- "God, please help my dad."
- "I feel like I'm growing away from God, like I'm falling to pieces. I am just a shadow."
- "Help my mom make a friend."
- "My best friend has suicidal thoughts and is depressed."
- "Help me not love food so much."
- "My grandma. She needs to stop smoking."
- "Can you help my friends become real and talk to me more?"
- "The parents are having issues."
- "I'm really sorry for the ones I have hurt."
- "Protect broken hearts."
- "Can my family stay healthy?"
- "I want to be pure, but it seems impossible."
- "Protect the ones who are bullied in my school."
- "The divorce."
- "Cancer, can you take it away?"
- "I pray that we can start loving life again."
- "Grades. Stress. History Fair."
- "I'm insecure about the way I look."
- "I miss being able to talk to my mom about everything."
- "Help me not be anxious."
- "I'd like to trust people again."
- "It's hard never being someone's first choice."
- "I look in the mirror and feel sad about my body."
- "I feel like I am a burden to my family."
- "I lie to my mom and fight with my brothers. I really want to stop."
- "Can someone pass the ball to me?"